It’s that time again– Birthday Tiny Creative Act time! I can hardly believe that a whole year has passed since the last time I worked up the courage to ask you to make me something for my birthday…
It turned out so well, I’m doing it again. In fact, I’ve made it an annual event! It’s all part of my fiendish plan to inspire easy, fun, spontaneous creativity in people all over the world–who, in turn, inspire others when they share their Tiny Creative Acts.
So…..I am asking you to make my birthday wish come true! (Making something for someone else has always been a “back door” into my creativity, so I hope it will be for you too.)
May 22, 2014: MY BIRTHDAY WISH: 40 for 42!
I want to receive 40 Tiny Creative Acts from my friends, followers and Creative Sparks everywhere! Send me one on my 42nd Birthday next Thursday, May 22–and you’ll literally make my day!
How to Make Your Own Tiny Creative Act:
- set aside 5 minutes to play (put the timer on if it helps!)
- give yourself permission to fool around, have fun and most of all-not worry about what it looks like.
- close your eyes and take a deep breath
- remember when you were 6 and life was a miracle and the world was your playground
- open your eyes, look around and find whatever’s handy-paper clips, leaves, rocks, sidewalk chalk, your lunch-anything!
- start to play with it-move it around, see if it becomes a pattern, a shape, or a word
- or even just doodle for a few minutes-(try crayons or sidewalk chalk)
- snap a picture (instagram is quick, easy, and automatically shares the fun. use #tinycreativeacts)
- share it with me!
Please send me Your Tiny Creative Act on or before May 22, 2014.
- Post it on my facebook page, #tinycreativeacts
- send it to me via email email@example.com
- invite your friends to do the same-share the gift of creative play!
Inner Critic Alert: If your Inner Critic says yours isn’t not cool enough, you just blow him a raspberry and send it anyway! This is about getting creative, not about getting blocked!
Thank you! I so appreciate your creative pressies….
p.s. We made a fun video of one of my Tiny Creative Act Adventures. Check it out here.
p.p.s. I’m looking forward to sharing all the Tiny Creative Acts I receive. By sending me your Tiny Creative Acts, you give me permission to post them on my blog, website or social media. Please let me know, if for some reason you would rather remain anonymous.